So Trump won anyway

Subjects about any topic that comes to mind are welcome here.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

So Trump won anyway

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:54 pm

Hillary had the support of most of the media. She had most of the black vote, hispanic vote, the outraged at Trump women's vote, the friends of Israel vote, the college students with loans vote, the Muslim vote, the gay vote, and the Wall Street establishment vote. The sitting President, and first lady, actively campaigned for her as well as her Democratic former opponent Bernie Sanders. All sorts of celebrities endorsed her and many put on musical stage shows for her. She had pak money enough to equal the national wealth of small countries.

Trump said stupid things nearly every day. He's done all kinds of things that he still may get a chance to go to jail for and the media never missed a chance to expound on those things. Most Republicans in office of one sort or the other either repudiated him outright and refused to help him get elected or kept an arm's length distance and pretended they didn't know him. Only one Senator supported him enthusiastically.... Sessions from Alabama. His campaign treasure chest was not nearly as full because the heavy money betters backed Hillary.

The only thing Trump had in his favor was that the media had counted him out to begin with. Maybe it happened also because a large number of people voted for him just so when HIllary won, as every talking head expert had long predicted, they could say... I didn't vote for her. Don't blame me. And so it has come to pass that Trump won.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: So Trump won anyway

Postby Niner Delta » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:23 pm

IMHO.... I think many saw her as I did, an evil, lying, political hack that didn't care at all about
us, the "common people". She reminded me of the Evil Queen in her castle, that only used her Evil
Powers to get more power over the rest of us................. :roll:
Anyway, it's over now, we all need to try to salvage our country.

Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Postby Delta75 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:45 pm

Here's hoping that Trump will be a better president than he has been a person. I have wished for years that we could have a president from outside the political arena, but to be quite honest, Trump scares me to death. Too bad we didn't have a decent choice....both Trump and Clinton were terrible options in my opinion. The true losers in this election were the American people. Out of 119.4m votes to-date, there was slightly more than a .1% (200,000 votes) difference with Clinton having 200,000 more popular votes...47.5% Trump...47.7% Clinton....you couldn't get much closer than that to a nation split down the middle. So now we can sit back and watch the Democrats try to stop Congress from getting anything done just as the Republicans have done with Obama. Wish we could get people in Congress who would do their job and put the will of the people before their party.......but both parties have been bought off by big money; therefore, I don't expect any change in the lives of the middle class...just more of the same old thing.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:06 am

Niner Delta wrote:IMHO.... I think many saw her as I did, an evil, lying, political hack that didn't care at all about
us, the "common people". She reminded me of the Evil Queen in her castle, that only used her Evil
Powers to get more power over the rest of us................. :roll:
Anyway, it's over now, we all need to try to salvage our country.

Yep. That was the bottom line of it as to how a lot of us feel. One thing I read today pretty much said the same about the Democratic party. And this guy is no Trump fan either.

......Far more significant is what this shows about the mentality of the Democratic Party. Just think about who they nominated: someone who — when she wasn’t dining with Saudi monarchs and being feted in Davos by tyrants who gave million-dollar checks — spent the last several years piggishly running around to Wall Street banks and major corporations cashing in with $250,000 fees for 45-minute secret speeches even though she had already become unimaginably rich with book advances while her husband already made tens of millions playing these same games. She did all that without the slightest apparent concern for how that would feed into all the perceptions and resentments of her and the Democratic Party as corrupt, status quo-protecting, aristocratic tools of the rich and powerful: exactly the worst possible behavior for this post-2008-economic-crisis era of globalism and destroyed industries.

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/09/dem ... of-brexit/
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:15 am

Jerry said:
So now we can sit back and watch the Democrats try to stop Congress from getting anything done just as the Republicans have done with Obama.

That's already being promoted in the news media by many. Michael Moore, the filmmaker, political activist, for one, pointed out his plan to counter Trump. " His third point focuses on Democratic politicians who he says should “step out of the way”, unless they are willing to “fight, resist and obstruct in the way Republicans did against President Obama every day for eight full years."

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/n ... t-facebook
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:42 pm

Michael Moore is such a pathetic idiot. One of his points is to have the Democrats constantly say that
Hillery won the popular vote. How will that help?? And it certainly won't change the outcome.
Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Postby Delta75 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:41 am

Guess Moore thinks that it will make the Democrats feel better. Since the Republicans in Congress, in reference to Obama's Supreme Court nominee, keep responding with "let's wait until after the election, and listen to the 'will of the people'". Now the Democrats will be saying that "the will of the people" was for Clinton....and...not Trump. LOL

Now we can sit back and watch the Democrats refuse to vote for the Trump SCOTUS nominees, as did the Republicans for Obama's nominee. Both sides should simply adhere to the Constitution and simply vote up or down...no more of this vote avoidance...no more "Green Eggs and Ham". :)

Return to “Shooting the Breeze”