That "free" windows 10 just had an ujpdate

Subjects about any topic that comes to mind are welcome here.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

That "free" windows 10 just had an ujpdate

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:19 pm

I have a desk computer that I use every day. But.. I also have a laptop I take with me places when I want to keep in touch with my internet reading and websites. I turned on the laptop yesterday to see how it was doing and to update Skype and other such programs. The laptop is relatively new and has windows 10 and I got a Windows 10 update that took a long time to update. At the end of it was a list of permissions. One of them pretty much seemed to give them permission to spy on me all the time including my photo image and the permission to store my communications to some large and unclear degree. I didn't give them that permission......although there is no way to know if they care if I give permission or not. I still use Windows 7 on the computer I write this on and am glad I didn't take the "free" Windows 10 update.

Then today I noticed this chilling story about Microsoft and new face recognition technology ...even in large audiences. I'm getting that paranoid feeling. Why should techincal commercial sources be able to spy on a whole populations of people and store information linked to individuals and our government lets them? Unless.... the Fourth Amendment is suspended because the President thinks his chief duty is to "keep America safe" and, in his judgement, believes that the end justifies the means and people are no longer secure from being constantly spied on in every electronic communication and now... potentially everywhere they go with footnotes recorded about apparent facial expressions of thought.

https://theintercept.com/2016/08/04/mic ... l-rallies/
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: That "free" windows 10 just had an ujpdate

Postby Niner Delta » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:44 pm

I tried Win 10 for a while on one of my computers, not horrible but not an improvement over
Win 7. The worst part was that you couldn't pick and choose your updates, you get them whether
you want them or not. The other bad thing was the web browser, Edge I think it is called, but you
can easily switch back to IE 11, so that is no big deal. But there will be some support for Win 7
until 2020, I think, that's probably when I'll give up Win 7........... :mrgreen:

And if you think Win 10 is bad, wait until Skynet comes online in Aug. 2017..... :shock: :lol: 8) :shock: :lol: 8)

Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.

Return to “Shooting the Breeze”