Our Brave Fighting Men

Subjects about any topic that comes to mind are welcome here.
SgtMike
Site Sponsor 2015

Our Brave Fighting Men

Postby SgtMike » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Our Brave Fighting Men

I don’t know what the truth is, but I do know that a thorough investigation by Congress should be held.

A true friend is someone who reaches
for your hand and touches your heart.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Our Brave Fighting Men

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:41 pm

I watched that Mike. Seems like a Chinook full of Seals and some indigenous troops were shot down in Afghanistan by their enemy in a combat zone. And now somebody wants to investigate Obama over it. Is it because what happened was in retaliation for knocking off Osama Bin Ladin a few months before? Or.... the shit hook was too old to fly around in and they shouldn't have been in it? Or some of the Afghans got off and some others got on before the flight which should have signaled a bad omen? Or the chopper was too near some actual contact before it was shot at? Or some commander on the ground was not allowed to return fire after the first RPG....or whatever it was.... because of friendlies in the area? Or what? What is it exactly Congress ought to investigate? I don't get it.

If it had happened in Vietnam it would have just been a paragraph in the back pages of some newspapers.....if noticed at all.
SgtMike
Site Sponsor 2015

Postby SgtMike » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:37 am

All good questions. They should be investigated for answers. Point of interest; 1.)Biden committed a capital offense and divulged which seal team took bin Laden out. 2.)Never in the history of the seals have so many seals been in one chopper. And why was it such an old chopper not used by the seals in Afghanistan? 3.) Why the removal and replacement of the original Afghan troops. 4.) Who really knew what happened in the bin laden killing? Only those killed in that chopper.
A true friend is someone who reaches

for your hand and touches your heart.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:25 am

Ok...that thickens the plot a bit.. and explains your reaction to the video. However, at least one of the Seals on the Osama mission did live to tell a tale. He wrote a best selling book about it...although I didn't read it. I think the largest point about the book to me is how the Obama administration was still cloaking everything in secrecy, even after the fact, as this Ex Seal told some kind of story about what happened. And then the movie glorifying the raid was made while the administration was keeping much of what happened classified to the public but allowing, and probably assisting, the movie maker as long as the movie cast a little glory the administrations way.

What's most curious to me about the Osama assassination by Obama is...why was he killed? Why wasn't he taken alive? He certainly wasn't well guarded. He could have, from what little we know, been captured. Since 9/11 is all blamed on him wouldn't we all like to know what the hell was he thinking and what the evidence is that shows he master minded it? Instead he was killed, or somebody who looked like him was killed, and his body dumped in the ocean.......old time Chicago gangster style. Why was that?

Return to “Shooting the Breeze”