Pork Pullin'

Subjects about any topic that comes to mind are welcome here.
Ron
Sponsor 2016

Pork Pullin'

Postby Ron » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:23 pm

Well being that the weather had been cooler than norm for MI all summer long I decided to do a Dutch Oven bake over the Labor Day Weekend. Used about a 7# pork roast that was cooked for about 4 hrs. outside over coals in a DO. Kept the roast just right in moisture by adding a little bit of my "homebrew" to the pot right after I browned the roast. :o
Roast smelled so good since I had also added dry rub and let it marinate for awhile before I started the cooking process. Aroma could be smelled all over the backyard once I had the DO lid in place. Um, um, delicious! :)
Attachments
Special Seasoning.JPG
Home Brew added to the Pot
Ready for Pulling.JPG
Pork Roast Ready for Pulling.
Pork Roast.JPG
Roast Added to DO
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Looks good Ron

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:59 pm

I cooked some pork ribs on the BBQ on Labor day. Up until a couple of years ago I had to work every Labor day.. :D
The Pelion Kid
Sustaining Member

Pulling pork.

Postby The Pelion Kid » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:34 pm

I just put an eight pound ham on my grill and cooked it slow till done.Also fixed speckled butter beans with bacon,potato salad,rice and whole kernel corn in a rich butter sauce..The only one that really appreciated it was my wife..Just because she did not have to help at all..I thought it all turned out good.Maybe a bit of prejudice on my part because I'm the cook..LOL. :twisted:
The Pelion Kid

Return to “Shooting the Breeze”