9th Inf Div Society

This is the place for site links related to the 6th Battalion of the 31st Infantry and other associated topics. Feel free to post your favorite links that have some connection to the subject of this site. Follow the link instructions in the post screen.
parker2 36331

9th Inf Div Society

Postby parker2 36331 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:44 am

Yes we are new in the sense that it is officially formed-- but the men of the 9th are and have been gathering information, history and news including publications all along. The new site is built for the various units and individuals, if there is something your unit or another unit you are aware of is missing-PLEASE email us-- parker2@entercomp.com we want any links to any unit-- It is our intention to put a unit webpage on the site including history, photos and links Free of charge. Yes we would like membership to grow faster-but we understand that you have seen many come and go-- this one is here to stay and has built backup individuals who are able to take over due to health or whatever reasons-
Updating is a constant endeavor and may never get finished as we still find hidden in a closet old articles, memorablia, etc

Many of you know me by email name alone-- I was the one that started the Octofoil webring and the octofoil egroup-- since its inception- one rule was applied-- no attacks on anybody and watch the language--due to family members being around- otherwise it was built for 9th Inf Div people and their families-- including any unit that supported it-- We as veterans have a legacy to pass on. We are/were history in whatever sense and Proud Veterans.

look over the site and see what you think-- send a email if you think something should be added or improved-- I make spelling mistakes and forget also-- but it is not intentional-- Everyone is important- and no one is the ruling person- We the board, vote on the Society and its expansion. look at the board list if you can help and want to assist join and ask - there is no pay- but good friends.
thanks.

Paul Kasper
parker2@entercomp.com
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: 9th Inf Div Society

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:28 pm

Other Divisions have strong associations that are inclusive of all who served with the division without regard to particular conflict or peace time service. Until now, the 9th Division had no such active all inclusive organization. This new 9th Infantry Division Society is making the attempt to create an organization that can be the equal or better than the other Division organizations.

I support the new 9th Division Society and have filled out the application and paid my dues. I got my membership card the other day. I encourage others to join too.

In way of endorsemet, I've noted that Karl Lowe is the liaison for the 6/31st battalion. Most of you know him from the 31st Regiment Association. In my way of thinking, if Col. Lowe supports this new organization that is good enough for me.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Things have changed since this 2004 post

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:46 am

Col Lowe is not on the board any longer it looks like. Nobody represents the 6/31st in whatever is left of the organization. Looks pretty much like an idea that is falling by the wayside.

I think one of the biggest things about it is that there is a different WWII era 9th Division organization as well as a further fragmentation with any other era the Division existed. Other Divisions do a lot better in organization and support.

In any case the site is here at the moment.

http://9thinfdivsociety.org/

Return to “Links of Interest”