Military Records and replacement medals

This is the place for site links related to the 6th Battalion of the 31st Infantry and other associated topics. Feel free to post your favorite links that have some connection to the subject of this site. Follow the link instructions in the post screen.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Military Records and replacement medals

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun May 14, 2006 9:42 pm

This was posted here before but the copy of the ezboard link somehow lost something in the translation.

If you want copies of your records or replacements of your medals, you can get them. And... next of kin can do the same . Check out these related government sites.

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/milita ... e-records/

http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/milita ... m-180.html

The above are confusing if you want to get a medal replacement for yourself of if a next of kin wishes to do so. If so....start here.

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/replac ... .html#army
Last edited by Niner Alpha on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Pelion Kid
Sustaining Member

i had no idea.

Postby The Pelion Kid » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:35 am

since finding this site i have been able to find things i thought would stay hidden until the cotton balls were packed.this is going to be one of my favorite web places. THE PELION KID.
The Pelion Kid
Ron
Sponsor 2016

Military Records

Postby Ron » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:36 am

FYI,
Just remember that if you're researching for WWII veterans records that there's the possiblity that his or her records might have been lost in the fire at the NPRC some years ago. :( If you have their discharge papers at least it's a start to now be placed in NPR system. A stamped embossed document certifying the veteran had served will be mailed to you! :)
Take it from me, I went through all of this when researching my father-in-law's records some months ago when all we had were, luckily, just his discharge papers and a record of his medals.
Otherwise veterans of the Korean and Vietnam campaign will fair better with having their DD214's survive the fires since they were stored in different areas of the NPRC. If you run into any problems just contact me and I'll try to assist you im some means.
Good Luck!
Ron
jodon
Sustaining Member

Postby jodon » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:05 am

I started the process online for the medals just for the hell of it. They wanted some kinda certified thing from me and I just dropped the idea. Lo and behold a few months later I got all my medals anyway. One more thing to relegate to the back of the closet.
Ted Wylie

Military Records

Postby Ted Wylie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:01 pm

Thanks for this site. I wonder if you can get your Company records from when you were in Nam. Should be very interesting. :) Ted W. wimpy/coyote

Return to “Links of Interest”