Vietnam Music Album, be advised

New member information and announcements found here. Posting photo information. How to use Icons. Solving site registration problems discussed. Information about the site other than the message board is also here.

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Vietnam Music Album, be advised

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:39 am

There is a Vietnam music collection being offered by an individual not related to this site. It has been brought to my attention that he is using our Octobear pin as a picture on the cover it comes in as it is offered to former 6/31st guys. One guy thought that the site was promoting it and getting some revenue from it. This is not the case at all.

I was aware of this album and know that some of our members find it to be something they want and are promoting this album on their own in emails. This is perfectly ok with me. But be aware that this site does not endorse it, nor do we get any funds from it.

The only funds this site is going to get, besides donations, is the money that is raised by the pin sale. Please just be aware of this.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Vietnam Music Album

Postby Delta75 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:42 pm

Hi All,

Apparently I have caused some problems related to the Vietnam music album that I had asked Stan Hutchinson to pull together.

Several months ago, I had bought a 3 CD set of such songs from Stan, and had liked the songs, but had felt that the CDs contained a few songs that I would not have included and excluded a few that I would have included. I mentioned this to Stan, and he said that if I could come up with another list of songs, that he would be happy to try to pull the songs together for me. Therefore, I searched the Internet and came up with the top songs from 1968 – 70, with a few post-war songs included. This list developed into 700 songs. I then passed this by fellow D Company men and asked for their input as to the songs that they would like to see on an album. We ended up with a list of about 80 songs.

Please understand that Stan had absolutely nothing to do with initiating this CD set. It was my idea entirely. So, if this has caused any problems, then I am sorry, and I will have to assume 100% of the blame.

I did clarify in my emails that I was not making any money on this, and with hindsight, I see that I should have also stated, as Robert does, that the 6/31st website also makes no money on these CD's.

My intentions had nothing to do with anyone making money. I simply wanted a CD set with a lot of great songs, and thought that I would make everyone aware of what Stan was doing for me. Since we are not selling CD's on the 6/31st website, I saw no problem with my making this request to Stan. If we were selling CD's on the 6/31st site, then with my dedication to the 6/31st website, I would have never initiated this project.

Best Regards
Jerry

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”