A pin idea

New member information and announcements found here. Posting photo information. How to use Icons. Solving site registration problems discussed. Information about the site other than the message board is also here.

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

A pin idea

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:54 am

I am paying for the new site at the moment. It's no big deal or heavy expense to me, but in the long run I would like it to pay for itself. Too bad there is no way to extract the money that Ezboard has that guys contributed. But....one idea that came to me was that I could offer a lapel pin that would reflect the 6/31st and service in Vietnam. Here is one idea. It would be metal and be about an inch high. If I could sell enough of them for $5 each, for instance if I sold a hundred of them, it would pay for the site for a couple of years.

Here is one proposed design. If anybody has any artistic ability and wants to offer a different design, that would be excellent too.

Would you buy such a pin to help support the site?

Last edited by Niner Alpha on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
M-60Charlie

I would buy the pin

Postby M-60Charlie » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:02 am

I would deffinitly buy the pin...I think you keeping this site going is a great thing. I really appreciate all your hard work. I would be happy to help. That is a good idea. I wonder what some other people think.
cmccammon
Sustaining Member

As long as I draw breath---

Postby cmccammon » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:24 am

Robert, you can count on me!
The design is nice enough to wear on a jacket lapel, hat, or shirt collar.
I may need several dozen, so I will always have one ready to pin in the morning.
Posted by: Chuck McCammon
A/6/31 RVN 10-69 to 10-70
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Pin

Postby Delta75 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:29 pm

Niner,

Pin looks great. I would certainly buy one, and I'll also send you a contribution for the website. Thanks to both you and your son for all of your hard work! This is certainly the best website ("hands-down") out there for us 6/31st guys.

Jerry
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Thanks for the support guys

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:04 pm

I got a feeling I can sell a hundred of them in time to pay the rent next time it comes due.

I placed the order. The pins will have a gold outline instead of black. The Pro Patra will show up better in Gold than black. They should be about a 1.25" from top left to bottom right. To give you an idea of how they are made, I copied this from their site.

After being struck with the die, Cloisonné Soft Enamel lapel pins are filled with enamel paints. The pins are fired at low heat to seal the colors and provide a luster appearance. Our cloisonne soft enamel lapel pins are perfect for simple designs of colors that need to be clearly separated. The combination of brass and vivid colors make for a reasonably priced cloisonne lapel pins and an excellent choice for your event. Another option with the soft enamel lapel pins is to apply a clear protective epoxy finish for extra durability. Colors can be filled with this type of cloisonne lapel pin.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:29 pm

Last edited by Guest on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herman Spoto
Sustaining Member

support

Postby Herman Spoto » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:09 pm

good looking pin ! definately want to help support this great site :P
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Complete information coming soon.

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:08 pm

After thinking about it, the pins will be $5 and the first pin will be plus $1 for packaging and mailing. Any more than one ordered will be just $5 each with no extra shipping cost. Any that I bring to the reunion will be $5.

I figure if I sell all of the pins it will pay for the site in total for at least two years.

I will probably get a PO box to mail orders to. I'll let you know. I should have the pins in about two and a half weeks if not sooner.
oly

Re: A pin idea

Postby oly » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:58 pm

Niner Alpha wrote:I am paying for the new site at the moment. It's no big deal or heavy expense to me, but in the long run I would like it to pay for itself. Too bad there is no way to extract the money that Ezboard has that guys contributed. But....one idea that came to me was that I could offer a lapel pin that would reflect the 6/31st and service in Vietnam. Here is one idea. It would be metal and be about an inch high. If I could sell enough of them for $5 each, for instance if I sold a hundred of them, it would pay for the site for a couple of years.

Here is one proposed design. If anybody has any artistic ability and wants to offer a different design, that would be excellent too.

Would you buy such a pin to help support the site?

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

The PIn design

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:35 pm

Keep in mind the pin will look like this. The gold or brass outline will be used and not the black outline as in the picture Oly copied.

This is the finial design:

Last edited by Niner Alpha on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
oly

Pins

Postby oly » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:23 pm

Sorry Robert, didn't mean to post the wrong item. I like the final design you came up with alot, I'll be sure to order some.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:07 pm

They are here and you can get one. See the other post in the Announcements forum.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

A link to actual pictures

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:04 pm

Actual pictures of the pin are in this link.

http://6thofthe31st.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=645
Sgtbobby

Pin

Postby Sgtbobby » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:02 pm

Robert,

I sent you money for 2 more pins. :D They are much nicer in hand them I thought they would be. :lol: At first I thought they would be to big but they are just the right size. Thanks again

Bob
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:45 pm

Thanks for the endorsement Bob. I'll check my PO box Sunday.

Anybody else, if you would post here that you sent an order it will get me to checking the PO box more often.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

There are still a few left if anybody is interested.

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:06 am

This is a one time thing. If you are interested, this is the time to get one. I will not order any more. When the last of the 100 is gone that is it. But... email me before you send your money....two reasons. One is there aren't many left and secondly, I don't check the PO box nearly as often as I used to do.
Mark Humphries

pins

Postby Mark Humphries » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:51 pm

I am putting a check in the mail in the morning (2 )pins. A really good looking pin. Good work .
June 9th 1969 to June 8th 1970 Veitnam,
understand the shadow comment.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:14 am

Thanks Mark. I am looking forward to sending you the pins and will do so as soon as I have your address.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

The project is completed

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:45 pm

Thanks to all who helped out the site by buying a pin or more. No more orders will be accepted.

Thanks

Robert

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”