There was server failure recently

New member information and announcements found here. Posting photo information. How to use Icons. Solving site registration problems discussed. Information about the site other than the message board is also here.

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

There was server failure recently

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:10 pm

You will notice lots of error message repeats in some of the forums. The site was transferred to a new server the first of the week because of a catastrophic server failure and in the transfer errors occurred in the message board and new image uploads. This also took out some site features and controls for the time being.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: There was server failure recently

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:45 pm

To prevent confusion, I deleted several posts in this string. Some of those posts stated that the site was coming to an end because of major corruption to the message board functions and no more money to throw at repair. However, a new course is going to be attempted to make repairs at no dollar cost. This will take a while.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:24 pm

Got a bogus email today saying the site had been hacked and that I had to remake my password. If anybody gets one of those it was not from me. The site wasn't hacked and nobody has to change their password. The problem was with a server and with the format of this board being not up to date. Don't answer or open any such email.

The repair to the site hasn't begun yet. It should begin shortly.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue May 07, 2019 11:54 am

The site problem continues. The fix is beyond my ability to correct. The site may still be fixed in the coming months so that you don't see those annoying error messages and the much missed by me attachment upload features may be added back. The whole problem centers around a catastrophic failure that involved both the prime server and its back up. On restarting the site from saved data the phpbb updates couldn't be applied because there now exists a computer language problem that has to be resolved because of details I won't get into. The rest of the site, with the exception of the opening page photo collage, beyond the messageboard...the guestbook, timeline, photo album, roster, etc., all work as before.

You, if a registered member of the board, can still post here in a new post or in response to any previous post or post string. Just ignore the error script. And type slow.

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”