Site is undergoing some changes

New member information and announcements found here. Posting photo information. How to use Icons. Solving site registration problems discussed. Information about the site other than the message board is also here.

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Site is undergoing some changes

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:37 am

The messageboard and the photo album needed updates and they got them. When they were updated it played hell with a few things I liked about the old versions. But some adjustments will be made going forward. No marked differences in the content happened and if you were a registered user of the board before you still are and your user name and password are the same.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Site is undergoing some changes

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:56 pm

The updated site is still in progress although not evident yet. Many of the different folders that make up the site features, beyond this message board, are being melded into a new maintainable structure. The new feature listing those who have died since the war is still being prepared. It just takes time.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:26 pm

If these changes are costing any money, I'm sure some of us could chip in a couple of nickels. Also wondering if
we should be reimbursing your son in some way for his time and effort.
Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:37 pm

Vern, thanks for the offer but no donation is necessary. About the time of the reunion Ken Odom , Echo 69/70 donated $500 for the use of the site exclusively and I also received some other smaller sums of money. I gave my son that money to cover his time in producing a list of names and information about those of the battalion that have died since the war. When he got into that he found that he needed to do an overhaul of the site. So it's become all of one piece. No funds are needed to do what is being done. Thanks for the thought.

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”