About ending the site

New member information and announcements found here. Posting photo information. How to use Icons. Solving site registration problems discussed. Information about the site other than the message board is also here.

Which statement most closely matches how you feel about it.

Yep. It serves no purpose any longer. I see no problem with you just ending it. Nothing is lost.
No votes
Not only is it time to go, it would be better for the Association if your site just went away... and the sooner the better. It's just a pain in our beloved Regiment Association's butt.
No votes
I'd like it to stay around a while longer as I look at some parts of it once in a while.
13%
I'd donate a few bucks to pick up some of the expense because I think it serves some purpose and I might even post something now and again.
88%

Total votes: 8
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

About ending the site

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:03 pm

I have come to the conclusion that this site no longer has much interest and should, like all good things, come to an end. However, I had the notion to put this poll up until the end of the year to see if anybody cares to register some reaction.

January is when I'm going to pull the plug unless this poll should totally surprise me.

Any registered user can vote once.

Pick one.

If you don't like any of these post a comment as a response in this potential string.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Re: About ending the site

Postby Delta75 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:01 pm

Niner...you know my feeling about the site...I personally believe that it is much more important than any of the options that you provided; however, the final decision is certainly up to you, and I understand your frustration with the lack of input.

Jerry
jbayer
Site Sponsor 2014

Postby jbayer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:23 am

Niner--As I've told you before, I think the site is excellent, and I'd be willing to support your efforts to keep it going.
John Bayer (Niner Delta 1970)
SgtMike
Site Sponsor 2015

Postby SgtMike » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:50 pm

I'd donate a few bucks to pick up some of the expense because I think it serves some purpose and I might even post something now and again.
A true friend is someone who reaches
for your hand and touches your heart.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:05 am

Because Mike picked the fourth choice word for word, I clicked on it as his choice to show people that the poll feature works. But...somehow...it is now showing four votes instead of one! Don't know why that happened. In any case, I won't be adding to the poll choices again......one choice per registered user seems to be working right at least.

I also got an email as a private comment. It was pretty much a case of seeing me as wrong headed and the cause of division and derision among those aware of the site and and amounts to "go away for the benefit of the Association". Well.. he is right if you believe in the Association as the source of wisdom and justice for everybody concerned.... as some kind of religious order instead of a social organization of free adult men. But... this is my site and it was always my intention that anybody....including me...can speak his mind here about anything that irritates him with whatever is happening within the subject territory. It was my expectation that any opposed view could and would be stated and equally protected. This infrequently has happened. It was also my belief that if someone acts in a way that causes a result intentionally or unintentionally affecting the group that is thought to be wrong, or unjust, or ill advised, it could be talked about here.....and mentioning the miscreants name in doing so without it being considered a personal attack. The purpose of this message board has been, from the start, to be open to any comment stated in a civil way. As things played out, the Association officials, with the exception of Vin Zike, have, one and all, shunned the site and have long refused to post anything of any nature here.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Looks like the interest is even worse than I thought. :shock:
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:50 pm

Well Robert, you know how I feel about the site and am always willing to kick in a few
bucks. Maybe we should stick around to at least be a thorn in the paw of the 31st Assn.
But as mentioned before, it's your site to do with as you please. And even though I haven't
been around much the last few months, have been dealing with other issues, I would miss the site.

Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Thanks Vern for the encouragement. I know you have had some very difficult times recently. Relative to the changes your life has taken recently, the future of this site is of very small significance.

I may still keep the site a while longer...as long as I feel it serves some purpose. Lately, there has been a modest increase in site activity in a few different ways...the Wall Page, the Guest Book...and some new photos for the album a new poster to these forums. As to the Association, I recently promised someone that I'd reform myself and offer no more opinions about whatever they do or don't do.
The Pelion Kid
Sustaining Member

Postby The Pelion Kid » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:36 am

I may not wear out the site but I do check in and it is a good place to look at pictures and some times get good info. I would be more than glad to add a few bucks for snacks and beverages.
The Pelion Kid
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:38 am

With the recent uptick in site activity I am thinking more and more that I should continue it.
Giovanni R.

Postby Giovanni R. » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:49 am

I don't know the reasons but I really hope this site will not be shut down!
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:36 am

The site activity had come to the point it seemed to have come to the end of it's need to exist. However, recently things are looking up. I think I may well keep it going another year. I'll decide pretty soon.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:03 pm

I'm sending out some mass emails at the suggestion of Jerry White with the use of his latest updated Roster. I'm just starting today and hope to have all of Alpha done by tonight. I'll be working down the entire battalion list over the next few days. I'm attempting to leave out, when I'm paying attention, the guys I know look at the site.....so if you don't get an email it was on purpose.

I've decided to continue the site for another year before again checking which way the wind is blowing. Maybe the emails will drum up a little activity. Thanks to those of you that have shown interest and support recently and over the years. The site, as far as I can help it, isn't going anywhere for at least a year longer.
jbayer
Site Sponsor 2014

Postby jbayer » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Good news, Robert. Keep the faith.
John Bayer

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”