Anniversary coming up.

New member information and announcements found here. Posting photo information. How to use Icons. Solving site registration problems discussed. Information about the site other than the message board is also here.

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Anniversary coming up.

Postby Niner Delta » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:37 pm

CONGRATULATIONS ROBERT!!

I see that on May 5th, this site will celebrate 10 years on the vast nothingness of the internet.
Is there going to be a big party or what? :mrgreen:

Vern.
Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Anniversary coming up.

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Thanks for noticing, Vern. You have been in touch with it most of the last ten years so I'm sure it only comes as a surprise when realizing how long it has been. In Internet years ten years is a long time. It hasn't been a cake walk as you know. This site has been in intensive care and at deaths door several times during those ten years. Crashes and server problems have caused it to be moved and rebuilt a few times, including a few weeks ago. The site content was even stolen to produce a rival site back in 2005 .......and somehow it has survived that too. It is only because of you and a handful of others that find it worth something that it remains for a while longer.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:15 pm

The thought just crossed my mind ...nobody ever will remember the dead of the 6/31st at all. We really didn't exist as far as the country then or much less now is concerned. And that is how it remains and will continue to be. Too bad our politicians haven't gotten any better.....but only worse.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:11 pm

You are right about politicians, seems they get worse each time and I always think, "Well, at least they can't get any worse than this one......."
And each time they prove me wrong. :(

Vern.
Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:17 pm

I think when I wrote that last it was the night I sampled the Vodka a bit too much during the chat and I don't have a clue what prompted me to write it. However, next time I get the notion to sample hard liquor and have an epiphany I'll do my writing on an
Etch a Sketch.

Speaking of Romney and Etcha Sketch. Click on the screen to see a different bone head contradiction from the leading member of the three stooges.

http://www.etchasketchmittromney.com/

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”