Time to pay for the site space again

New member information and announcements found here. Posting photo information. How to use Icons. Solving site registration problems discussed. Information about the site other than the message board is also here.

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Time to pay for the site space again

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:29 pm

I'm going to continue this site for another year...or until some unforeseen costly site meltdown happens. Last year three guys answered the appeal and contributed what turned out to be enough money to pay all the operating expense. It's nearly that time again to pay for server space for 2012. Any small amount contributed to aid in paying the expense of the site would be appreciated. See the donate button in the header if you wish to contribute.

As of now Vern Weed, Niner Delta, has donated toward the expense. It is appreciated.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Time to pay for the site space again

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:38 pm

I paid to continue the server space this site is still in recently. I couldn't move all of the site....the provider blocked photo album in particular...quick enough to not have to pay for another year of this now unsatisfactory service. However, the future new server space is secured but the Album is still not moved because of unforeseen program glitches that requires time to fix. But.....I expect the problems to be fixed in the not too distant future.

Truthfully, I think this really could be the last year for this site. I don't feel like there is enough interest remaining to be worth keeping it going....even though Jerry gave it his best try recently to pump some life into it. But... I've changed my mind before and I'd much rather it succeeded in being of interest to more than the handful of occasional visiters.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Postby Delta75 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:40 am

Niner....we have several men waiting for the album section to be available. Once everything is working, I will send out another email with more detailed information about the website to the almost 500 verified emails that I presently have. I will encourage that they visit the site. Hopefully that will get some "hits".

Delta75 (Jerry)
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:46 pm

Got your check, Jerry. Thanks for helping with the site expenses.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:29 am

The site has been moved to yet another server space as of yesterday. There are some function problems still to be ironed out in minor ways...and considering how large the total site size has become this is still remarkable to have landed on our feet and still be functioning after such a massive move. I thank my son for his free labor and actual computer skill which is far beyond my own modest abilities. Even with his help, there is no guarantee that this site space we are now in will be a long term solution to hacks and other setbacks. This is nothing new and presents no fear. The site goes on with a goal of lasting another year through whatever happens next.

All the above stated, it remains to be seen if this site will draw enough interest for me to see a reason to keep it going beyond 2012.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:00 pm

There are still a few minor adjustments to be made. There was a short burst of spam posts after a minor change in the spambot questions and this blocking means has now been adjusted again..... though it remains to be tested by time. There are a few site housekeeping problems that remain until they can be ironed out this coming week. The Album, however, is now fixed to the point that the slide show will work.

It should be mentioned that this new rebuild and site move has taken over 16 hours of technical computer programing skill to this point and if my son had charged his professional business rate it never would have happened. Free is an excellent labor cost.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Postby Delta75 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:04 pm

Niner....please pass our thanks and appreciation on to your son.

Jerry
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:17 am

Mike Kirby made a generous contribution. That makes three who have helped to keep the site going one more year. I appreciate it. It's encouraging to see I'm not all alone in pushing this site along one more year and a little further down the road.

Thanks Mike.

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”