A poll of VA compensation interest in recent years

New member information and announcements found here. Posting photo information. How to use Icons. Solving site registration problems discussed. Information about the site other than the message board is also here.

Which most closely fits you? You have to be logged into the site and we only want vets to answer

I have never applied to the VA for anything and don't plan to do so.
29%
I have been to the VA in recent years and applied but received nothing.
No votes
I have applied to the VA in recent years and received medical compensation or treatment only.
29%
I have applied in recent years and received PTSD and disabilty compensation and medical assistance.
No votes
I have considered seeking compensation through the VA for PTSD or medical because my friends have.
29%
I not only have VA disability and medical compensation but actively seek to raise the level of benefits.
14%

Total votes: 7
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

A poll of VA compensation interest in recent years

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:22 pm

Many guys who were wounded in Vietnam have had VA compensation claims going back for many decades. Lots of guys with service connected disabilities have long experience as well. However, it seems many guys have only in recent years gotten interested in possible VA health benefits and disability compensation. Things like diabetes, which comes to many in middle age, gets approved for financial and medical aid because of Agent Orange exposure in Vietnam, and many vets have suddenly taken notice. When this new diabetes health compensation is sought then the PTSD question opens up as well......... as does the ringing in the ears that many of us experience and other problems also come to the surface.

Most Vets I'm in contact with have at least investigated what they could get in the way of government benefits in recent years. Many have taken advantage of what has been offered to them upon their asking questions about what was available and this seems natural enough. However, at the same time, I think some people have turned the pursuit of government compensation into an occupation in itself to see how much they can milk it for. A guy in particular that used to participate in the type chats a half dozen or more years ago comes to mind when I write this as getting money out of the government was about the only subject he would talk about and certainly the only one for which he could work up any enthusiasm. It had become his life's work.

How about a poll that asks a broader question?

Pick the one that most closely fits. You have to be logged into the site to make a choice.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: A poll of VA compensation interest in recent years

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:45 am

The survey on PTSD, in another question posted to all forums, now has a choice for email response if anyone cares to participate without posting at this site.

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”