Site hacked but working on a new start

New member information and announcements found here. Posting photo information. How to use Icons. Solving site registration problems discussed. Information about the site other than the message board is also here.

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Site hacked but working on a new start

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:08 pm

The site was hacked by an intrusion into a GoDaddy server where this site and an unknown number of others are located. My site data is not corrupted. Backups have been made. A new server will be found. All that is noticed now is the non function of the chatroom, but there is more to it than that.

I may lose my recent payment..... but such is life in the internet world. When things are changed probably nobody who visits here will notice.
Ron
Sponsor 2016

Re: Site hacked but working on a new start

Postby Ron » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:24 pm

Robert,

I guess nothing is personal in this day and age of humans who have nothing better to do than to make conditions uncomfortable to others. That's their goal in life! :(
And I have noticed!! :x

Ron
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:20 pm

A new server has been found. Much of the transfer has been made. The old "skin" will be replaced on the messageboard so the colors will revert to the old ones and the photos still need to be transferred. The type chatroom works now. The messageboard form has been updated to a slightly different look and features when posting. I did this to my http://www.Milsurpafterhours.com site and it was a normal adjustment. A few custom features will be added to adjust the form of the board.

The Hack was to the server owned by Godaddy. It wasn't aimed at this site in particular. The real reason for the hack is unknown, but file scrips show that contacts among a long list of sites on the one server were being linked for whatever reason. Now, being moved to a different provider will allow things to go on without a hitch until the next problem comes up.

It's going to take a few days for all of this new adjustment to iron out.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:26 pm

I have control of the front page photo and the Roster list again. The timeline transfer screwed up the dates and that will have to be adjusted. My niner email works again. Photos are downloaded and will be uploaded to the re-configured album in the next day or two.

Nothing like a little excitment to end the year.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:58 am

Photo album is back in an updated format. I like the new look and added features actually.

But....some photos are not coming up right. Will have to go back to the drawing board.... :oops:
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:29 pm

Robert,

I like the new look, guess we just have to change things up every once in a while, whether we want to or not. :(
If you are taking donations to help pay for this site, just let me know, you know I'm always good for a few bucks. :mrgreen:

Vern.
Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:35 pm

Thanks Vern, but it doesn't cost very much. All I look for out of this site is that somebody finds some need for it besides me. It seems to be going backward rather than forward right now, but onward and ....well..... onward. :?
The Pelion Kid
Sustaining Member

Postby The Pelion Kid » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:35 pm

Niner if this site vanished I would have no where to go and look back on some old jokes..Some of us do cruise around the site just to see if there are new members or pictures..I even check out some of the old posts to see what I have missed by not getting here til lately..If your site goes it would be a terrible thing.. :twisted:
The Pelion Kid
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:48 pm

It's all paid up for another year......unless something else happens to it. :)

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”