Another from John Bullock. Day in Cambodia

New member information and announcements found here. Posting photo information. How to use Icons. Solving site registration problems discussed. Information about the site other than the message board is also here.

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Another from John Bullock. Day in Cambodia

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:56 pm

This will be added to the outline. John just found it in another letter. ( the captain he talks about is Alpha's George Lavazzi.

11 May 1970

We are in Cambodia now about 5 days and expect to be here another week anyway. Most of our battalion is here chasing the gooks out and destroying training areas and supplies here. We should have a slack off in fighting when we get back to Nam. Old Nixon said he’d get us out of Vietnam didn’t he. [reference to being out of Vietnam and into Cambodia]

We’ve been checking out villages here. Yesterday, Sunday, we sat up part of the day in a Buddist pagoda, so I guess I was in church in a sense. It was all messed up for lack of care, but it must have been really something when new. [seems to me it was in the trees, open on all sides, and we sacked out for awhile on the floor that Sunday, very pleasant. I think it was “guardedâ€

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”