I'm going to find a new server tonight.

New member information and announcements found here. Posting photo information. How to use Icons. Solving site registration problems discussed. Information about the site other than the message board is also here.

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

I'm going to find a new server tonight.

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:31 am

Recent down time and loss of a week's worth of information has convinced me. No more Ipower for me. I can't take their lack of support in correcting problems. A new provider is coming. I will keep the same domain name. although probably add another to begin with until the transition takes place.

My son and I will try to make the transition as smooth as possible. Everything that is here now should transfer without any loss.

I thought about just walking away from maintaining the site because of the little activity, but a few people care about it and I enjoy providing it. Besides, I refuse to be defeated by problems caused by a web server..
Last edited by Niner Alpha on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Pelion Kid
Sustaining Member

was begining to wonder.

Postby The Pelion Kid » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:40 pm

thought that maybe my end was messed up.glad to know you are dedicated enough to keep up the good work.The Pelion Kid.
The Pelion Kid
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Think it has finally settled a bit

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:16 pm

I'm still moving this site as soon as I can work out the details. Although the Ipower host has been satisfactory for a good while. It is just recent history that has been a problem and I hope to resolve this pretty soon.

Pelion Kid, glad to see you make your first post.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:35 pm

Still some issues with present server. There is a permissions directed error at the top of the photo album which is their fault. All emails to niner@6thofthe31st.com not working either.

No big deal. There will be a change shortly. New provider found and site space paid for. All we have to do is move everything.
Ron
Sponsor 2016

Moving On

Postby Ron » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:25 am

Niner, Guess the time was near afterall, huh! Thought maybe all this cold weather from the midweat was affecting you down south and the software giving you a slowdown! :(
Hope all now works out for your site and we can get things up and running properly. :) Will be looking forward to seeing how things come through!

Ron
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:31 pm

Change is coming soon, Ron.

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”