Tomorrow begins the 6th year

New member information and announcements found here. Posting photo information. How to use Icons. Solving site registration problems discussed. Information about the site other than the message board is also here.

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Tomorrow begins the 6th year

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri May 04, 2007 7:42 pm

This site, in both forms from first to now, will be five years old tomorrow. Time does fly.

Just saw the "community chest" at the old site suck down most of the last remaining dollar credits for maintaining what now is a signboard. I'd remove all vestiges of it, but that still wouldn't return any of the money donated. And... it still serves a little bit of a purpose for another six months as anyone who finds it can click on the header picture and it directs them here.

And.. as a learning experience, that site was well worth the money.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Site

Postby Delta75 » Sat May 05, 2007 4:41 pm

Congrats Niner!

Jerry
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Congrats to you as well Jerry

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat May 05, 2007 8:45 pm

You were one of the first supporters of the site and could see, like me, that the internet is a significant way to make contact. Without your support, encouragement, participation, and actual money contribution in the beginning, it may not have gotten this far. It might have just remained a close circle of Alpha company guys I had known when I started it. Thankfully, it has become a lot more than that. Jerry, you have played a major part in any good this site has done and I hope you continue to lend a hand in seeing that it remains viable.

This site is only as interesting as the participation it draws. I have seen some signs of encourgement recently. And the most encouragement comes from two of my old alpha buddies who were also around from the start. But we could use some help from all companies to give this site some life. It is important that guys feel like this is something to participate in not just something to look at once in a while. This is the best way to get the greatest good out of it.

But... we aren't selling anything. Results are not so important as the potential to communicate in whatever way those that come here feel comfortable with.
philt
Sustaining Member

Postby philt » Tue May 08, 2007 10:49 pm

Congrats to both of you and anyone else instrumental in this endeavor. I for one appreciate it!
Phil
SgtMike
Site Sponsor 2015

Happy Birthday

Postby SgtMike » Wed May 09, 2007 12:42 am

Thanks Robert!!! Keep up the good work...
I think I'm going to have a beer and maybe a pretzel to celebrate.
jtier
Sustaining Member

6 years

Postby jtier » Wed May 09, 2007 10:35 pm

Congratulations Niner, for a job well done. I doesnÂ’t seem that long ago that you sent me a question if I had been a part of the 9th Infantry 6/31 Battalion. I answered with a yes and your response was, ahh I see you are a man of few words.

You have done a great job bringing a lot of people back together with your site.

Thanks

Jim
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Thanks Jim

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed May 09, 2007 11:04 pm

My idea has always been that this site is "owned" by whomever participates and contributes something of themselves to it. It is a vehicle for contact and a place to collect photos and memories worth keeping. You have contributed from the start, as has Mike who commented before you. I thank you and Mike as well as others, who have not posted in this sting, but who have been a major part in whatever success this site has enjoyed. This site belongs to all who have contributed anything of themselves to it. With a little luck, there will be more to find the site and add to it as time goes on.

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”