Donut Dolly Emily Strange

This is the place to remember those who died in their youth in Vietnam in service with the 6/31st and those who have died since. Family members are encouraged to post here. All death notices and information that the site acquires from whatever sources will be posted here as well.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Donut Dolly Emily Strange

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:30 am

Emily was a donut dollie working in the 9th Division AO. She had a website for a lot of years and one of the things she posted was the story of Jerry White and his Vietnamese bride's love story.

She died the other day. Her obit:

http://www.pn-fh.com/book-of-memories/2 ... ituary.php
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Donut Dolly Emily Strange

Postby Niner Delta » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:33 pm

Sorry to hear of her passing. I hadn't been to her web site for several years and decided to look
at the photos again. One caught my eye that was taken at a party in the DD's quarters at Dong Tam.
The poster on the wall is the 6/31st crest with a Santa hat on the polar bear........... :mrgreen:
I remember the DDs coming to Vinh Kin on occasion, it was a treat to see "round eyes"......

Attachments
Donut Dolly.jpg
Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Ron
Sponsor 2016

Re: Donut Dolly Emily Strange

Postby Ron » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:56 am

Sorry to hear the recent news of Emily's passing. I only knew her through correspondence and her website. I helped her I. D. one of her location photo's in 'Nam where she is seen sitting on sandbags sharing a beer with the guys.
If you go to her website and click on 'Moore' you'll see the resemblance of the same picture with me and my gear at the same bunker location.
Once again, all of us are saddened to hear about the passing of a familiar DD of the 9th. I.D.
Farewell, Emily! :(

Return to “Memorial”