Randy Smith - Charlie Company

This is the place to remember those who died in their youth in Vietnam in service with the 6/31st and those who have died since. Family members are encouraged to post here. All death notices and information that the site acquires from whatever sources will be posted here as well.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Randy Smith - Charlie Company

Postby Delta75 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:03 pm

It is with sadness that I write to notify all concerned that Randy Smith passed from this life. He battled cancer bravely for an extended period and finally lost to it a few days before valentine’s day.

Randy served in the 1st platoon of Charlie Company until December, 1968 at which time he became one of my Radio Telephone Operators. He did a masterful job of radioman and was an exemplary soldier. Under such conditions soldiers in our situation ultimately build strong personal and professional bonds. I liked, admired and respected him and join in his family in mourning his loss. He exhibited all the traits of a true patriot in my eyes.

He is survived by his wife Kellie Smith and daughter, Cara Smith. Kellie’s mailing address and telephone number follow: 1650 SW Eastwood Court, Gresham, Oregon 97080; Telephone: (503) 201-3350. Her e-mail: KellyJune@zzz.com.

His funeral service will be conducted at graveside on Feb 19th at 3:00 P.M. at Willamette National Cemetery. That will be followed by a gathering at Rock Creek Community Hall, 13301 SE 172d Avenue, Happy Valley, Oregon. Note: For those of you, who are not familiar with this area, everything will take place in the vicinity of Portland.

George Mauldin

Fellow Charlie Hunter

Return to “Memorial”