Nicholas Schroeder 8/7/68

This is the place to remember those who died in their youth in Vietnam in service with the 6/31st and those who have died since. Family members are encouraged to post here. All death notices and information that the site acquires from whatever sources will be posted here as well.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Nicholas Schroeder 8/7/68

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:07 am

There is a signer to the guestbook today who grew up with him and would like to hear from someone who knew him in Vietnam. Nicholas Schroeder was in Alpha Company and was KIA on August 7, 1968. His Wall page entry is:

http://www.6thofthe31st.com/kia/details.php?index=27

Death Date: August 7, 1968
Cause of Death: "ground casualty gun, small arms fire hostile";
Died in Long An at age 18
The body was recovered.

I grew up with Nicki Schroeder Nicki was KIA August 68 R.I.P. Nicki .
Was wondering if any on here served with Nicki .
Dennis Pointer
dpointer@mesabi.com
Attachments
Nicholas Schroeder.jpg
Nicholas Schroeder.jpg (11.6 KiB) Viewed 781 times
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Nicholas Schroeder 8/7/68

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:04 pm

This remark has been added to the Wall page:

We grew up in a small mining town in southern California--Eagle Mountain. I was a friend of his from the 2nd grade until he left for the Army. Nicky was a good guy but most saw him as a rebel--one of the "smoking in the boys room" kind of guys. When Nicky came home prior to his deployment to Viet Nam, we were all very proud of him and were all saddened by his death. We lost another friend there too. Robert Dalton was in the 1/8th first Cav. He was KIA December 1969. He won the Bronze Star and his platoon leader Robert Leisy won the MOH in the battle. For a small town, the loss was heavy. RIP brothers.

Dennis Pointer

Return to “Memorial”