Doug Reese - Delta Company 1968

This is the place to remember those who died in their youth in Vietnam in service with the 6/31st and those who have died since. Family members are encouraged to post here. All death notices and information that the site acquires from whatever sources will be posted here as well.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Doug Reese - Delta Company 1968

Postby Delta75 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:42 am

I was just informed, by his wife Nhung, of Doug Reese's passing. Please remember her and her daughter in your prayers.

Douglas Allen Reese, 66, passed away December 22, 2013, Zionsville. He was born August 28, 1947 in Dobbs Ferry, NY, to the late Thomas, Jr. and Judith V. Mazzaro Reese. Doug proudly served his country in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War with two tours of duty. Doug was the recipient of the Purple Heart and the Silver Star.

Doug was passionately involved in the humanitarian efforts by relocating Vietnamese families to the U.S. Which evolved into his work with the Vietnam tourism industry. Over the past 20 years, his focus was healing the wounds of the American and Vietnamese Veterans.

Doug’s visitation will be Thursday, December 26, 2013, from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at Shirley Brothers Fishers-Castleton Chapel, 9900 Allisonville Rd. follow by funeral services Friday at 10:30 a.m.

Doug is survived by his loving wife, Nhung Vo; daughter, Samantha An Reese (3yrs); brother, Ken Reese (Melissa Proffitt); and sister, Diana Staab (Robert). A brother, Thomas Reese, preceded him in death. In lieu of flowers, contribution to Samantha An Reese (6534 Abby Ln, Zionsville, IN 46077) or Wounded Warrior Project would be appreciated. www.shirleybrothers.com

Jerry White
Delta Company/1969
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Doug Reese - Delta Company 1968

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:47 am

That's sad to read. Doug used to come to the Skype chats off and on in recent years when he was living in Vietnam. He discovered he had cancer a few years ago at about the same time his daughter was born. He went to one reunion... I think... and was back and forth to the US after his diagnosis.

Doug was a lieutenant Forward Observer with Delta Company early on in the battalion history in Vietnam. At one time he was an adviser to the South Vietnamese troops. And.. he was the only FO I ever knew that also had a CIB because of his one time advisory role with the Vietnamese.

We were asking about him on the chats recently and nobody had heard from him in a while. He was a good guy. I'll remember him as someone I'm glad I met through this site.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Doug Reese - Delta Company 1968

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:52 am

Return to “Memorial”