Ron's post reminded me of another effort

This is the place to remember those who died in their youth in Vietnam in service with the 6/31st and those who have died since. Family members are encouraged to post here. All death notices and information that the site acquires from whatever sources will be posted here as well.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Ron's post reminded me of another effort

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:50 pm

There is a High School that has a pretty sophisticated video memorial page going for a Vietnam casualties. So far only some of the men who died in the war are memorialized in this way. One of the student participants is now getting together a video page for Danny Hayes. It should be up before long and when I know it is I'll link it.

Danny Hayes was someone Ray Heltzel particularly remembered and Ray has shared with us photos and information about Danny, and memorial information from, the highway named after him. Jerry White made an effort to find the location of the action that saw Danny's death and that of several other Delta company men along side him in 1968.

When the video comes out I'll link to it. The young lady doing the project is Kelty Carson.

The site is this one. Just pick out any name and click on it to get an idea of how good a job these young people are doing.

http://www4.eanesisd.net/~vietnam/
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Ron's post reminded me of another effort

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:56 pm

I just noticed while looking at old posts that the young lady did make the video. She left out the monument and the highway. She showed troops from other Divisions....but.... it is still a good thing in that she took the time to do it and the main goal was achieved in remembering him.

http://www4.eanesisd.net/~vietnam/files ... Carson.mov

Check out this post string about Danny Hayes.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=925&p=2258&hilit=Danny+Hayes#p2258

This post was moved from another forum heading July 26, 2014

Return to “Memorial”