Posting orders.

Charlie battery 1/11th and Delta battery 2/4th were two of the Artillery units that supplied both enlisted members of the FO teams and artillary fire support during different time periods in Vietnam. Please make a post and make yourself known if you played a part in artillery support.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Posting orders.

Postby Niner Delta » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:05 am

These were the strange orders that I was given when I was in Hawaii when the 9th was disbanded in '69. The units are all wrong, the 1st/11th and 1st/84th were both artillery units, not infantry units. And how did guys with MOS 11B20 (infantry) and 36K40 (swithcboard opr/field wireman/message clerk) get into an arty unit in the first place. They both went to infantry units. The other three of us went to 1st/487th Arty, which is a Hawaii National Guard unit. That unit is still active in the HI NG, looked it up on their web site. Shows pictures of them training at the same place on the "big island" that we spent a month in early '70. It is up in the mountains and the only time I was cold in HI.

The NGs were soon deactivated and went home and we formed the 4th Bde of 25th Div and were renamed 5th/13th Arty. While browsing through my old orders, I just realized that every (4) arty unit I was in, it was C Battery. There is probably some cosmic significance to that, but I'll be damned if I know what it is.
Attachments
orders.jpg
Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.

Return to “Artillery Support Units”