2/4th Artillery Reunion

Charlie battery 1/11th and Delta battery 2/4th were two of the Artillery units that supplied both enlisted members of the FO teams and artillary fire support during different time periods in Vietnam. Please make a post and make yourself known if you played a part in artillery support.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

2/4th Artillery Reunion

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:56 am

I got this notice in an email from Chris Ogden:

To all my comrades out there, don't forget about the reunion in Sarasota Florida in May 2016. I'm sure you all have received a date
for this event, and I'm looking forward to see you there. Remember, it's only 6 months from now! And don't forget to bring your lovely
Wife's A!
Thank you to all of you.
1sgt Luis Rexach Ret. for any questions call me at 941-377-5767

The Reunion will be..

Thursday May 12, 2016, through Saturday, May 14, 2016, at the Homewood Suites by Hilton, in Sarasota, Florida, with checkout on Sunday, May 15, 2016. The rates will be good 3 days before, and 3 days after the Reunion. The cutoff for the Special Rate will be April 21, 2016. Do not wait..

The group rate will be $109.00 per night, plus taxes and fees. The rooms are 2 Double bed suites, or a Queen size bed suite. The hospitality room is being provided, free of charge. Also, there is a breakfast included in the price. There is an outdoor pool at the hotel, so bring your swimsuits, also, there is also a workout room, and a putting green (according to their website)

There is shopping nearby, and several sights to see such the Ringling Brother's home location, and..... the beautiful beaches of Sarasota, Florida.

There will be a banquet at "The Dutchman" restaurant on Saturday night.

The price has not been established yet, but it is sure to be a pleaser. Luis will get further information and pass it along. He will also collect any money for the Banquet.

Next Page.

Make your reservations soon by contacting

Homewood Suites by Hilton, Sarasota Florida

3470 Fruitville Rd.

Sarasota, Florida 34237

Phone 941-365-7300

Fax 941-365-7372

Use the Group Block Number 2B9 for the 2/4 Arty Group

Or, you can go on-line and use the link below, again using the Group Block # 2B9

http://homewoodsuites.hilton.com/en/hw/ ... html?WT.mc id=POG

Our thanks to Luis Rexach for setting up this reunion, we know how hard this is.

Any questions, please call... Luis Rexach....941-377-5767

Or, Chris Ogden (Doing the e-mailing).... 352 419-9481

We look forward to seeing everyone at the reunion, May 12- 14, 2016
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: 2/4th Artillery Reunion

Postby Niner Delta » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:13 pm

Well, are you going to go????
Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: 2/4th Artillery Reunion

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:03 pm

Don't think so. I don't know any of those guys. Most of them that are part of the facebook bunch weren't in Delta battery when I was there anyway and most of them were in other batteries besides that. I was with the infantry and generally talked to the battery only over a radio. But.... some guys who look at this site might be interested. My old last actual LT FO, who came to Branson by the way, only lives an hour or so away from that reunion. I know another former FDO that lives in central Florida. Maybe he will be interested. Other FO team guys see this site from time to time. Maybe if enough interest can be developed some 6/31st FO types might want to show up.

Return to “Artillery Support Units”