Some pictures of Delta Battery at Can Giouc

Charlie battery 1/11th and Delta battery 2/4th were two of the Artillery units that supplied both enlisted members of the FO teams and artillary fire support during different time periods in Vietnam. Please make a post and make yourself known if you played a part in artillery support.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Some pictures of Delta Battery at Can Giouc

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:57 pm

These pictures were taken in January of 1970. They were sent to Hawaii to develope and I got them back at A company 6/31st. By the time they were later sent home circumstances had changed even more. It was noted on the back of one of them , " This is another picture of the battery area at Can Giouc-- rather used to be. It's all torn down now".

On the back of this picture is: This is another picture of the battery area. It was taken from the top of the FDC Hooch. Other guns are on the other side of the buildings you are looking at, and one between two small buildings on Right.

Much the same picture but sent to someone else. It says on the back: Taken at Can Giouc D battery when I and it were there. The mess hall is the building far right. The gunners sleep in hooches in center. The white building in top corner is outside of berm and is Vietnamese school house. ( The picture above this one shows the arty mess hall a little better. )

This one says on the back: This is an on the ground picture pretty much of the same thing as the one from the roof. I might say the arty section of can Giouc lived in better quarters than I've since seen.

This one says: This was the berm just outside of the FDC.

This one notes on the back: You are looking at the perimeter outside the FDC hooch at Can Giouc-- at least it was.

And this one has on the back: Road from D battery to the grunts. The blue building is a Gook laundry. first bulding to right. Doesn't look blue in photo as it came out. Down the road to the right is Grunt headquarters-- rather was. And if you took a left at the end of the road that's where you would have found the infantry companies.

On the back of this one: This is D battery orderly room at Can Giouc. Note the temple in the background, The white building. None of this stuff at Can Giouc is there any more. (Those are ammo boxes used for a wall.).
Attachments
fireone.jpg
firetwo.jpg
battery.jpg
bunker1.jpg
bunker2.jpg
roadtoinfantry.jpg
orderly.jpg

Return to “Artillery Support Units”