Arty pics in header

Charlie battery 1/11th and Delta battery 2/4th were two of the Artillery units that supplied both enlisted members of the FO teams and artillary fire support during different time periods in Vietnam. Please make a post and make yourself known if you played a part in artillery support.
Niner Delta India
Contributing Member

Arty pics in header

Postby Niner Delta India » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:31 pm

Nice to see some of my old pics in the header. But did you know that in one of the other pics in this forum, "Dong Tam 105s - etc.", there is a 2 for 1 arty picure. The 2nd pic down has the 105mm, and in the background (in front of the far building) is an 8" self-propelled like in one of the other header pics. (also hard to see is a young, slim me standing by the 105mm)
Next to us at Dong Tam were 4 of the 8"" SPs, I think they were ? Btry, 1/84th, but not sure. Our guns sounded like firecrackers compared to the noise of the big boys. They had a round go off just out of the barrel one time, luckily no one hurt, but did put a nice size hole in our latrine and scatter pieces through both batteries. If the 8" in the header is from the delta, it probably is one of those next to us in Dong Tam, they were the only ones I ever knew of in our area. I think the 1/84th also had some towed 155mm batteries too.

Return to “Artillery Support Units”