Vincent Reilly Reports In

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
cmccammon
Sustaining Member

Vincent Reilly Reports In

Postby cmccammon » Thu May 15, 2003 8:48 pm

Posted by permission of Vincent Reilly.

I was in the First Inf., 1/16 Mech. from July '69 'till Jan.-Feb.? 1970. Joined the 6/31 when they were moving to build Camp Keaton- was a remf thereafter - drove the water truck to Tan An - worked sling loads from Tan An and remember loading an LST to the plain of reeds for the official Cambodian invasion & rode a huey supporting small dispersed ambush teams.

Shipped loose moartar ammo out of Cu Chi when we were "op con to the 25th". Rode duce &1/2 ammo trucks to Long Binh through Saigon while very short! Left July 20, 1970.

I think we worked together at Keaton.

Didn't recognize but 2-3 faces on the Blue Book disc but that's from a lap top tiny view. Didn't think 6/31 had that many grunts at one time- that's some compilation.

Best wishes,

Vin
Posted by: Chuck McCammon
A/6/31 RVN 10-69 to 10-70
cmccammon
Sustaining Member

Thank you Vin

Postby cmccammon » Thu May 15, 2003 9:03 pm

Vin - it is very likely that we worked Supply at Ben Luc. There are a number of pictures with guys I knew in this Forum - perhaps you'll recognize a few of them too. It's good to know you're back in touch - and I hope you can join us in Sunday Chat when time permits.

Chuck
Posted by: Chuck McCammon

A/6/31 RVN 10-69 to 10-70

Return to “Headquarters Company”