summer of 1970 ben luc

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
dan krischke

summer of 1970 ben luc

Postby dan krischke » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:43 am

hello. i was with S4 hhc 6/31 from jan 70 til sep 70. i have a bit of a problem remembering things and i was wondering if anyone out there remembers a guy fragging himself in his hootch at ben luc in the summer of 70. he was a black guy and a cook. i remember it happening (i think) and i would like to know his name. also, does anyone remember a guy named lemme, whose dad was a big-time lifer? we swapped boonie hats on guard one night; his was too big and mine was too small. for once, something involving the military worked out. i don't remember stuff because of feeling like a chicken for the past 30 years. i enlisted for supply when i should have went into the field as 11B. i finally had a breakdown when i saw "the wall". everything hit like a sledgehammer. i hope everyone out there is OK. please write if you have any info. Peace and God bless. dan.
djk@cvtv.net
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: summer of 1970 ben luc

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:49 pm

Thanks for opening the HQ forum! I didn't think anybody was ever going to check in. You and I were there during the same time period, just I was with Alpha Company.

Please consider registering as an ezboard user. It is free. Just be sure to check, or uncheck, the spam or no spam questions. You can then acquire a few benefits, like being able to use the chat room, and being able to edit your posts, and having a user id so that you may include what information you want to share about yourself, like your email address, and some other things in your logged in profile. Of course you can always post without registering. It is all up to you.

Please sign the guestbook too. That will eventually become our roster.

Thanks for joining us.
cmccammon
Sustaining Member

Postby cmccammon » Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:14 am

Hey Dan,
This is your old buddy Chuck McCammon. You and I, with Bob May made a good S4 team at FB Gettysburg. The picture you took of Bob and I in that little hooch we built out of ammo boxes is posted on this site in Alpha Company. I still remember the chinooks bringing the connexes of supplies to Gettysburg. Remember we would run out and open the doors on the connex and look for the cans of frozen strawberries - that was a real treat as I recall. Of course the most memorable moment was hooking up the commo tower to a chinook when we were pulling out of Gettysburg. That story is best recalled in person. So let me know how you're doing Dan. Also, it would be fantastic to see you again, hopefully you can make the 6/31 reunion in Colorado Springs this August 22 - 25, 2003, I'll be there.
Attachments
24775101.jpg
Posted by: Chuck McCammon
A/6/31 RVN 10-69 to 10-70
cmccammon
Sustaining Member

Postby cmccammon » Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:12 pm

Bob May (seated) and Dan Krischke working late one nite in Ben Luc's S4 Hooch - I have more photos that I will be scanning and posting in this Forum.
Attachments
24610043_G.jpg
Posted by: Chuck McCammon

A/6/31 RVN 10-69 to 10-70

Return to “Headquarters Company”