ervin christie

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
ervin2

ervin christie

Postby ervin2 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:27 pm

hy i am ervin christie jr. son of ervin christie who served in vietnam from 68/69 with echo company as i understand. i was sent information regarding the syracuse reunion and unfortunatly have to inform any inquiring that my father passed a few years ago. i know very little about his time in vietnam as he never really talked about this period in his life much and my mother never mentioned much to me. i understand that he served with a sgt freddie brown who my mother told me was his best friend. i am open to recieving any information about this time in my fathers life and i am willing to give any information i can to those who might be interested to know about my fathers experiance after his time of service. thankyou and good luck with your efforts with the syracuse reunion.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Thanks for posting

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:49 pm

I hope you can find some guys that knew your father. You might look in the Polar Bear forum and click the Roster post. It lists all the guys that have signed our guestbook... two different ones.. maybe three guestbooks. We've had some problems up until now. This is a much more stable site.

Don Varenhorst is in the roster list. He was in Echo in 69 and he is active at this site. Also Gary Stolz from 69, who has a number of his pictures posted in the Echo photo album, is active at the site too, although he must not have signed the guestbook because I don't see him in the roster. David Bledsoe was in Echo some of the time your dad would have been there. He has some photos under the headquarters section.

I hope some guys from your dad's time will respond. That's what the site is about, making contact with old friends and their families and making new friends along the way.

Some may contact you privately. Glad you have a link to your email in your profile... which anyone who is logged in can access.
Krone

Re: ervin christie

Postby Krone » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:52 pm

I hope you're still reading this. I knew your Dad pretty well. Fred Brown was a big man from Philadelphia.
He was in the mortar platoon, which was part of Echo, 6/31st. I remember seeing him playing cards or
dice with some small Vietnamese kids sometimes. I think he liked kids.I'll see if I still have pictures
of him. Rhett Krone

Return to “Echo Company”