Archie "Jim" Culver

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
GrandpasGirl

Archie "Jim" Culver

Postby GrandpasGirl » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:52 am

Hey everyone, im looking to see if anyone knows sgt. archie "jim culver. he died during his second tour, which started on may 23, 1969, and ran until he death on july 21, 1969. he was in the dinh tuong area, all i know is that he was the supply sgt. but im looking to see if anyone else has any information on him. if so, please feel free to email or reply to me. thank you so very much.

crystal
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Archie "Jim" Culver

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:29 am

Crystal, thanks for posting. Hope someone sees this and can give you some information. I know someone who was in the same company at the same time. I'll shoot him an email.
dhvarenhor

Archie Culver

Postby dhvarenhor » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:51 am

To Crystal:

I served with your Grandfather and knew him well. As in your posting, my recollection is that Archie came to us as our new supply Sgt. for E Co. 6/31st in May of 1969. E Company consisted of one Recon platoon (about 30 men) and a mortar platoon. I was the acting platoon Sgt. in the recon platoon and by design we seen our share enemy action. We in the recon group lacked for little in supply channels. Archie, being the man that he was, established close friendships with the men in our unit and volunteered to go out on missions with the group and proved himself worthy and capable. He was a good soldier and the best supply sgt. in the battalion. We did not want for much.

Archie was a good soldier, and I will miss his friendship for the rest of my life. If you have questions, you can contact me at email: dhvarenhor@aol.com

Thank you Crystal for taking the time to post this information. I will pass this on to others who knew your father but do not have the technology to use the INTERNET systems. I am, Don Varenhorst

Return to “Echo Company”