E Company

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
ken

E Company

Postby ken » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:06 pm

Looking for anyone who might have served in E Company during the time from May 1969 to April 1970.
turnkey

E Company

Postby turnkey » Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:11 pm

I was with E co Recon Plt from Aug 69 to Feb 70.
Bill
stk1100@aol.com
ken

Re: E Company

Postby ken » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:54 pm

Bill, who are some of the guys you served with. I was in ther mortar Plt. but knew some of the guys in recon, Konka, Perea, Tortorici, Tollover, Serevre.

Ken
mikegreene6thbattalionoft

E Company

Postby mikegreene6thbattalionoft » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:23 pm

I was a Sp. 4 acting as supply sergeant for E company when it formed. SGT. Archie Culver replaced me. I had come in from Vin Kim where I had been S-4 Forward. Was in country Feb 69 and left with 9th Div Hdgtrs to Scofield Barracks.

http://www.6thofthe31st.com/gallery/mai ... emId=10685
cmccammon
Sustaining Member

Consider registering

Postby cmccammon » Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:23 pm

Hey Bill and Mike - thank you for posting. I would like to invite you both to register (it is free) and get some additional benefits from the site. Once you have registered, join us in the chat. You'll find the chat at the top of the page once you have logged on to the site.

Chuck McCammon
Posted by: Chuck McCammon
A/6/31 RVN 10-69 to 10-70
ken

Postby ken » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:45 am

Mike,

I was at Vin Kihm when you guys left. Don't remember you but that was the same time that I was there. I then went to Can Gouic and then to Ben Luc. Register at the 6/31 site and join in with others sharing there experiences from Nam.
jtier
Sustaining Member

Echo 6/31

Postby jtier » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:52 pm

Bill
Where you with the 2/39th Echo. You name is familiar. I was with Echo 2/39 before 6/31 when I first was in country. I think a Sgt Hudson was the platoon Sgt and the LT was hit by a booby trap right after I first arrived. We worked out of Dong Tam and FSB Schroder. Sgt Hudson ran the platoon till some of us were transfered to 6/31. <br>
Same Bill?
turnkey

E 2/39 E 6/31

Postby turnkey » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:16 am

I'm the same Bill.
I was with E 2/39 from May 69 to Aug 69 at FB Schroeder.
GrandpasGirl

archie "jim" culver

Postby GrandpasGirl » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:43 am

hi guys. my name is crystal, my grandpa, archie "jim" culver (sgt. culver). he died in dinh tuong on july 21, 1969. my mom was only 12 when he died, so i , of course, only know about him through pictures and stories from my family. i very much want to find someone who knew him even a little bit when he was in vietnam. i haven't found anyone yet BUT i was very excited to see that "mikegreene6thbattalionofthe31stinfantry" was replaced by him...i just want to know if there is anyway he can contact me at TxBubbleBaby33@aol.com and let me know ANYTHING that you know about him. and if there is anyone else that knows anything about him, PLEASE contact me!! my mom would also be very greatful to find any information about him! thank you all so much, not only for what you all could possibly tell me, but also for the service you provided to our country and to the men and women you served with. i hope you all have a GREAT day!!
crystal
philt
Sustaining Member

Postby philt » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:05 pm

I was in Echo Company in the Recon platoon. I was there from August 1969 to January 1970. I tripped a trip wire to a gernade and got to come back to the World in January. My name is Phil Tolliver. My memory is pretty clouded and I don't really remember names. I just recently discovered this website and www.vietnam6bn31inf.com and have seen many photos that brought back some memories. Does anyone remember a guy named "Charlie" who was wounded with the same booby trap that I was? I would like to know how he is doing.
Phil Tolliver
brbailey

Hello Phil Tolliver

Postby brbailey » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:14 pm

I don't know if you remember me,I was a medic in E-CO from late Nov.69 till sometime in March 1970.I just found out about the Web Sites this week and have seen a lot of faces I remember well, though names are hard to put with some.I have thought a lot about the guys who were wounded while I was in the field. I hope you are doing okay.

Doc Bailey
philt
Sustaining Member

To Doc Bailey

Postby philt » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:47 pm

Hey Doc,
Is your picture in the platoon picture in the Yearbook posted on this site?
I'm the same way about names, I have a lot of trouble remembering the guys from back then.

It was good to hear from you though. I'm doing pretty good. I am kind of busy right now and tonight, so I don't have much time to do the web right now, so I will probably write more in a day or two.
Thanks for Posting

Phil
brbailey

Yep, Page 96,PFC Bailey

Postby brbailey » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:10 pm

Also on page 95, top left picture, far left behind Sanders.Thanks for the message, I just found all this and am a little apprehensive after all these years.It's good to hear your okay.I saw the pics of you and your bike, thats a fine piece of iron.I motocrossed some around ' 75, rode street bikes that belonged to friends but never owned one.You going to ride it to the reunion?

B.R.Bailey
Dawsonville,GA
philt
Sustaining Member

Good to hear from you too!

Postby philt » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:52 pm

Hey, thanks for the post. Glad you found the website. Thanks for the compliment about my bike. I love it! It can be great therapy. Finally found something my wife and I love together. Now she has her own and is my favorite riding partner. I would love to ride to the reunion, but I don't think I will be able to get off of work for that much time. I'ts a long ride from Missouri to New York. It sounds like a good time though.

I wondered if you were there the day I got wounded and if so, do you remember Charlie, the guy who was right behind me and was wounded as well? I've always wondered what happened to him. I never saw him in the hospital in Saigon. I only heard that he was alive and then they flew me to Japan for a stay in that hospital and then to Ft. Riley Kansas where I finshed out my time in service. I've always wondered about him.

Anyway, good to see you on the forum and hope to hear more from you.

Phil
cowanrlsr

Postby cowanrlsr » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:50 am

I served in April 1969 to April 1970.

Return to “Echo Company”