Looking for the buddy of Richard McNabb

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
JoeSnuffy

Looking for the buddy of Richard McNabb

Postby JoeSnuffy » Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:44 pm

Bruce Swander has been very generous with his time..and found some 2nd platoons guys and he found Richard McNabb who was KIA...his best buddy was a guy in E.. about 6'4 or so tall skinny drink of water cant remember his name or where he was from ...but we came in the 9th together..Wonderng if any members of E remember him and if he made it home..
Richard Dale McNabb of Hialeah, Fl KIA on 21 July 69 with E/6/31. He had died of wounds later that day from small arms fire, he was married. As I recall he said he was a commercial airline pilot for a small commuter airline..got drafted..but didnt want to be an officer and only wanted to put in his two get out and go home to his wife and kids and fly....nice guy..a good hearted guy.

Buddy of Richard McNabb

Postby Guest » Tue May 20, 2003 11:13 am

I am 6'3" and was on the thin side and assigned to E.6/31st. I served with Dick McNabb and have been to his grave in Florida several times. Please feel free to contact me. My E Mail is: dhvarenhor@aol.com.
cmccammon
Sustaining Member

Welcome Don

Postby cmccammon » Tue May 20, 2003 10:42 pm

Welcome Don - We appreciate your post and hope you will visit this Forum often.
As your host, I would like to recommend registering with this site. It is Free and once you are registered many other features become available to you. For instance, you could join in the Sunday Evening Chat with us old ground-pounders. I found the chats to be unpredictable and great fun.

I received your e-mail and replied back with the Reunion Details. Hope we see you in Colorado Springs this August.

Chuck McCammon
Posted by: Chuck McCammon
A/6/31 RVN 10-69 to 10-70

Return to “Echo Company”